Agreement No. CE 18/2017 (HY)
Retrofitting of Noise Barriers on Long Tin Road and Ma Wang Road – Investigation, Design and Construction
ANewR Environmental Consultants were commissioned to undertake for Highways Department (HyD) technical reviews and assessments on the potential environmental impacts in relation to:
- the retrofitting of two sections of about 550 metres long cantilevered noise barriers (5.5 metres + 2.5 metres) along the eastern roadside verge and cycle track of Long Tin Road fronting Parkside Villa, Scenic Garden and Towers 1 to 9 of Park Royale; and
- the retrofitting of about 260 metres long cantilevered noise barriers (5 metres + 2 metres) along Ma Wang Road fronting Shui Pin Wai Estate
Capitalising on our extensive knowledge and relevant experience on noise barrier retrofitting, ANewR Environmental Consultants was committed to providing professional environmental advice and value-for-money services in undertaking:
- road traffic noise impact assessment for the effectiveness of and optimising the proposed direct noise mitigation measures (DNMM)
- air quality impact assessment due to vehicular emissions upon erection of the retrofitting noise barriers
- waste management implication and water quality impact due to site surface runoff during construction phase
- landscape and visual impact due to the proposed DNMM.
The ANewR Environmental team is equipped with innovative tools, including computer software and measurement instruments, which enable us to respond to our clients timely and reliably.