Human rights are highly evaluated by the watchdog in contemporary society – freedom of thought and expression, education. We do not doubt that we should safeguard our rights.
Human rights can interact with other disciplines. Dates back to the 1970s, the Stockholm Declaration on the Human Environment – Principle 1 of the Declaration writes, “Man has the fundamental right to freedom, equality and adequate conditions of life, in an environment of a quality that permits a life of dignity and well- being, and he bears a solemn responsibility to protect and improve the environment for present and future generations”.
For the world economy, that statement implies the environmental protection cost; it also deduces the environmental business opportunity. Let’s explore what opportunity that human rights associated with ecological protection bring to you. Remember the Universal Declaration of Human Rights #30 – No One Can Take Away Your Human Rights.
Environmental health is about the relationship between people and their environment, human health and wellbeing, healthy and safe communities. Social initiatives can be treated professionally, scientifically.
And, we should. Importantly, our next- generation leader can learn about the environment scientifically.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO
SET UP A MINI ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING STATION AT SCHOOL FOR A YEAR:
- Noise monitoring station
- Dust monitroing station
- Weather monitoring station
WITH CONTEMPORARY PROFESSIONAL MONITORING EQUIPMENT AND A DASHBOARD.
GAME ON TO FURTHER DEVELOP CREATIVITY
A MINI COMPETITION TO UTILISE A NOISE ABSORPTION MATERIAL WITH AESTHETICS IN MIND
- Identify the noise spot at school
- Test the noise mitigation measures suggested by the experts
- Design an aesthetic noise control product to mitigate the noise condition
Collaboration – Corperate level
The Intelligent Schooling program meets the following targets that corporate wants to achieve in social matters:
1) Human rights;
2) ESG Reporting;
4) Corporate Social Responsibility;
5) Sponsorship to support local environmental education toward the built environment.
Ways to support:
1) Promote the Matters Academy’s ASA ESEA Acoustics Masters Lecture among staff, e.g., through the intranet, internal sharing via email, and through the external communication channel, e.g., corporate website;
2) Sponsorship of environmental monitoring devices – noise, dust, and weather station – and the dashboard;
3) Sponsorship of guidance to student participants and notes, and be the jury;
4) Sponsorship of competition material cost and the winner prize;
5) Corporate support through full sponsorship can nominate a target beneficiaries group (Participants with, e.g., disabilities may not be facilitated due to facilities capacity);
6) Corporate support program through sponsorship can name the event.
Collaboration – School level
The Intelligent Schooling program meets the following targets that school wants to achieve in social matters:
1) Human rights of having a pleasant learning environment of their own;
2) Understanding of the built environment;
4) Learning the contemporary environmental monitoring measures and way of data analysis;
5) Learning to assess the environment;
6) Be knowledgeable about their environment;
7) Expanding students’ horizons about living environment.
Ways to support:
1) Promote the Matters Academy’s ASA ESEA Acoustics Masters Lecture among teachers, students, parents, and schools;
2) Participate in mini environmental monitoring station program;
3) Encourage the students to join the action and the mini-competition.
Contact us for more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By: ANewR Consulting Limited, a digital environmental consultant headquartered in Hong Kong since 2008. Our expertise has grown into the context of air and water qualities, noise, green building, waste management, and remediation. With extensive know-how in environmental planning and assessment, feasibility study and policy review, ecological design, monitoring, and audit (EM&A), ANewR has matured to be a leading management consultancy. Standing in the digital transformation reign, ANewR has participated in various environmental digital projects – interactive 3D visualisation, immersive automation virtual environment, Virtual reality, automation system, and monitoring platforms.
(Website: https://anewr.com, LinkedIn: ANewR Consulting Group, Twitter: ANewR – Everyday Newer, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnpvmxnR9hbNxytSfBdfV8Q/videos)